Fortress Artillery Company 82
The Fortress Artillery Company 82 was enlisted in May 1943 and served in the fortress Vitznau. With the Army Reform 95, the fortress Vitznau was discharged . End of August 1998, the fortress was acquired by the village community and the local authorities with the surrounding 8700m2 allotment from the Swiss Military Defense Department with the intended purpose of preserving this contemporary witness of the 2nd World War and the Cold War as an active tourist attraction and not just as a museum. This is how the fortress Vitznau was born in itís existing form today.